Bush lied (again) about not having been informed
To put it bluntly: he knew, screwed up and tried to lie his way out (yet again).
I’d have thought this would be the last straw, but that’s what I’ve also thought a few times before. Off the top of my head, Bush has managed to:
- invade countries that hold a strategic and economic interest for the US under fake reasons
- send soldiers (namely second-rate citizens – black and hispanic) to die during those invasions
- torture citizens from several countries
- admit to having been eavesdropping and spying on his own citizens
- mess up national Economy by (amongst other things) tailoring Budgets to military needs
- lower the standards of an already deficient education
- take the country into what could be the beginning of a new witch hunt
And he’s kept the job. I’m still trying to figure out why and what exactly could possibly be going on in his voters’ head (the real ones, not those other forged-in-Florida he keeps up his sleeve) for him to still be there. After Clinton, I’ve heard time and again how the one thing US citizens would not forgive a President for was a blatant lie.
Uhm, people, may I just say – the world is waiting?